SPECIALTY : NETWORKS AND SECURITY
FIELD OF STUDY :NETWORKS AND TELECOMMUNICATION
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
This specialty trains senior technicians capable to :
- Identify the key issues for the realisation of the LAN/WAN/MAN network architectures and the hybridized existing form in the business environment and enterprise ;
- Link different network performance concepts and traffic issues for Quality of Service (QoS) in broadband communication as well as the network economies of the enterprise ;
- Motivate the need for network security practices in organizational units ;
- Build foundations to assess contemporary security policies and security mechanisms within organizations and illustrate the balance of the managerial and technical aspects of network security.
- General skills
- Self-employed, work together as a team ;
- Analyze, synthesize a professional document (French, English) ;
- Oral and written business communication (French, English);
- Participate in /conduct an approach to the management of a project ;
- Know and exploit professional and institutional networks in the computer sectors.
- Specifics Skills
- Master telecommunications equipment ;
- Configure inverters, battery, solar panels and cables ;
- Master the technics of emission, transmission and reception of signals, images and sounds ;
- Install and configure hardware and software of networks and telecommunications systems ;
- Apply the quality control ;
- Apply exploitation procedures ;
- Optimize the operation of a network and the common protocols used ;
- Implement and administer Networks ;
- Participate to the development of specifications of a network topology or installation of a telecommunications system, manage and control the evolution of such installation in choosing the equipment and the appropriate software ;
- Coordinate the rehabilitation of an installation after the incidents such as fire.
- Servicing companies and manufacturing networks equipment ;
- Telecommunication operators and Internet service providers ;
- Controller of the information System in enterprise ;
- Telephone installer ;
- Servicing companies and computer engineering.
For a period of two years, a set of theoretical and practical courses is administered to students with a view to obtaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) sanctioned by MINESUP.
CONDITION FOR ADMISSION
Direct registration on file study :
- A hand written application adressed to the Director of SOUTH POLYTECH ;
- A complete registration form available on campus ;
- A photocopy of birth certificate ;
- A photocopy of A/L certificate ;
- Registration fees : 35,000 FCFA ;
- File study fees : free of charge ;
- Annual medical coverage : 5000 F CFA.
- Lectures ;
- Practical work and personal work ;
- Immersion courses in the professions accompanied by a teaching body and company executives.
- Continuous monitoring for each lecture ;
- An exam session (oral or written) at the end of each semester organised according to the subjects registered for the semester ;
- Writing of an internship report defended in front of a jury at the end of the cycle ;
- National HND exam.