SPECIALTY : ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEM (EPS)
FIELD OF STUDY : ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
Electric Power Technology is an instructor-led program sponsored by the Energy Providers Coalition for Education and developed for current and future electric utility workers. This program teaches students the components, design and operation of the electrical system and the equipment and safety procedures used when working with electricity. After completion of the core courses, students choose a specialisation area to pursue such as line construction, metering, substation or system design. Classes begin every three to five weeks throughout the year.
- General skills
- Work independently, collaborate as a team ;
- Analysis and synthesis of professional documents (French, English) ;
- Oral, written and corporate communication skills within and without (French, English) ;
- Participate in (other) lead project management process ;
- Know and exploit professional and institutional networks of electricity sectors.
- Specifics Skills
- Explain all of these points in detail and provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to calculate fault currents ;
- Select relays and associated instrument transformers appropriate to each typical system or equipment ;
- You will also learn how to adjust the setting of the relays so that the relays closest to the fault will operate and clear the fault faster than the backup devices.
- Research and development industries ;
- Engineering services firms ;
- Manufacturing ;
- Maintenance technician installing electronic systems ;
- Design office designer ;
- Team leader in production unit ;
- Engineer assistant (measurements, tests and controls) ;
- After Sales Service Manager ;
- Industrial production companies ;
- Maintenance company of aeronautic production sites, industry.
For a period of two years, a set of theoretical and practical courses is administered to students with a view to obtaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) sanctioned by MINESUP.
CONDITION FOR ADMISSION
Direct registration on file study :
- A hand written application adressed to the Director of SOUTH POLYTECH ;
- A complete registration form available on campus ;
- A photocopy of birth certificate ;
- A photocopy of A/L certificate ;
- Registration fees : 35,000 FCFA ;
- File study fees : free of charge ;
- Annual medical coverage : 5000 F CFA.
- Lectures ;
- Practical work and personal work ;
- Immersion courses in the professions accompanied by a teaching body and company executives.
- Continuous monitoring for each lecture ;
- An exam session (oral or written) at the end of each semester organised according to the subjects registered for the semester ;
- Writing of an internship report defended in front of a jury at the end of the cycle ;
- National HND exam.