SPECIALTY : COMPUTER ENGINEERING
FIELD OF STUDY : COMPUTER SCIENCE AND NETWORKS
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
The Computer Science and Networks programme is designed to produce computer personnel capable of applying the use of computer in most areas of data analysis.
- General skills
- Self-employed, work together as a team ;
- Analyse, synthesize professional document (French, English);
- Oral and written business communication (French, English);
- Participate in / conduct an approach to the management of a project ;
- Know and exploit professional and institutional networks in the computer sectors.
- Specifics Skills
- Install and manage a Computer system ;
- Design and run efficient programmes in a wide spectrum of fields, and in various languages ;
- Advise on the installation and management of Computer facilities ;
- Detect technical faults in a Computer installation ;
- Carry out routine (preventive) maintenance of Computer facilities ;
- Install and configure hardware and software of networks.
- Technician in design office;
- Application developer ;
- System and network integrator ;
- Computer Systems installer ;
- Computer park manager ;
- Hot liner ;
- Computer system administrator ;
- Local network administrator.
For a period of two years, a set of theoretical and practical courses is administered to students with a view to obtaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) sanctioned by MINESUP.
CONDITION FOR ADMISSION
Direct registration on file study :
- A hand written application adressed to the Director of SOUTH POLYTECH ;
- A complete registration form available on campus ;
- A photocopy of birth certificate ;
- A photocopy of A/L certificate ;
- Registration fees : 35,000 FCFA ;
- File study fees : free of charge ;
- Annual medical coverage : 5000 F CFA.
- Lectures ;
- Practical work and personal work ;
- Immersion courses in the professions accompanied by a teaching body and company executives.
- Continuous monitoring for each lecture ;
- An exam session (oral or written) at the end of each semester organised according to the subjects registered for the semester ;
- Writing of an internship report defended in front of a jury at the end of the cycle ;
- National HND exam.