SPECIALTY : CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
FIELD OF STUDY : CIVIL ENGINEERING
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
The Higher National Diploma Programme in Civil Engineering Technology is aimed at producing technologists with a good mastery of engineering knowledge and skill in executing civil engineering works.
- General skills
- Work independently, collaborate as a team ;
- Analysis and synthesis of professional documents (French, English) ;
- Oral, written and corporate communication skills within and without (French, English) ;
- Participate / engaged in the management of the project ;
- Know and make use of professional networks and institutionsof the real estate maintenance sectors;
- Maintain comprehensive records of work-in-progress for the parties concerned;
- Carry out engineering surveys;
- Carry out supervision and prepare progress reports on Civil Engineering works.
- Specifics Skills
- Design simple structural elements and prepare detailed drawings of such elements with minimum supervision;
- Carry out accurate interpretation of technical data related to Civil Engineering works;
- Test, analyse and interpret the result of materials tested for Civil Engineering works;
- Design simple transportation schemes and prepare working drawings for their construction;
- Supervise civil engineering construction works;
- Design simple water and waste water schemes and distribution networks;
- Prepare Bill of Engineering Measurements and Evaluation (BEME) and specifications for Civil Engineering works;
- Operate and maintain water works, waste water and solid waste installation and irrigation projects;
- Carry out environmental engineering and pollution control studies.
- Site manager ;
- Work leader ;
- Drafting designer of public works structures ;
- Price manager ;
- In charge of general affairs.
For a period of two years, a set of theoretical and practical courses is administered to students with a view to obtaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) sanctioned by MINESUP.
CONDITION FOR ADMISSION
Direct registration on file study :
- A hand written application adressed to the Director of SOUTH POLYTECH ;
- A complete registration form available on campus ;
- A photocopy of birth certificate ;
- A photocopy of A/L certificate ;
- Registration fees : 35,000 FCFA ;
- File study fees : free of charge ;
- Annual medical coverage : 5000 F CFA.
- Lectures ;
- Practical work and personal work ;
- Immersion courses in the professions accompanied by a teaching body and company executives.
- Continuous monitoring for each lecture ;
- An exam session (oral or written) at the end of each semester organised according to the subjects registered for the semester ;
- Writing of an internship report defended in front of a jury at the end of the cycle ;
- National HND exam.