SPECIALTY : PHARMACY TECHNOLOGY
FIELD OF STUDY : MEDICAL AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
This three-year specialty aims to train highly qualified pharmacy technicians who are able to participate in the design, manufacture, administration and storage of drugs under the direction of a pharmacist and provide high quality holistic pharmaceutical care in various clinical, industrial and academic contexts at the local, national or international level.
- General skills
- Be responsible and reflective ;
- Be proactive and able to take the initiative ;
- Have interpersonal skills ;
- Have organizational skills ;
- Have proven trust and confidence ;
- Have critical ability and questioning ;
- Develop deontological and professional ethical values ;
- Make thoughtful decisions ;
- Compromise and listening skills ;
- Have a good profile (dress and appearance) ;
- Have critical thinking skills ;
- Master the computer tool and ICT.
- Be able to maintain professional and moral standards ;
- Specifics Skills
- Make supplies and deliveries of medicines ;
- Read and interpret prescriptions accurately ;
- Establish the validity of prescriptions ;
- Demonstrate systematic distribution procedures ;
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the prescribed drugs ;
- Keep records in a convenient and efficient manner ;
- Repackage and re-label appropriately distributed drugs ;
- Evaluate signs, symptoms and history to distinguish manageable conditions in the practice of pharmacy ;
- Select and advise on the use of pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment strategies and options, including without treatment ;
- Apply first aid measures if necessary ;
- Precisely calculate quantities of ingredients necessary for the preparation of pharmaceutical products ;
- Select and identify the ingredients for the preparation of the drug product ;
- Apply the principles and techniques of formulation to the preparation of pharmaceutical products ;
- Ensure all drugs and chemicals are packaged, labeled and stored to maximize stability and safety ;
- Examine and evaluate the history of the consumer and prescription drugs ;
- Apply the principals and techniques of formulation to the preparation of pharmaceutical products ;
- Ensure that everything is in accordance with local workplace policy and professional conventions for product preparation ;
- Prepare and maintain the appropriate product documentation ;
- Apply the principles and techniques of sterilisation and asepsis related to the preparation of pharmaceutical products.
- Pharmacy technicians ;
- Pharmacist Assistant ;
- Pharmacist of hospitals ;
- Pharmaceutical supplier ;
- Work in the pharmaceutical industry or in the drug supply chain ;
- Pharmacovigilance ;
- Cosmetic industry.
For a period of two years, a set of theoretical and practical courses is administered to students with a view to obtaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) sanctioned by MINESUP.
CONDITION FOR ADMISSION
Direct registration on file study :
- A hand written application adressed to the Director of SHS
- A complete registration form available on campus ;
- A photocopy of birth certificate ;
- A photocopy of A/L certificate ;
- Registration fees : 35,000 FCFA ;
- File study fees : free of charge ;
- Annual medical coverage : 5000 F CFA.
- Lectures ;
- Practical work and personal work ;
- Immersion courses in the professions accompanied by a teaching body and company executives.
- Continuous monitoring for each lecture ;
- An exam session (oral or written) at the end of each semester organised according to the subjects registered for the semester ;
- Writing of an internship report defended in front of a jury at the end of the cycle ;
- National HND exam.