SPECIALTY : NURSING SCIENCES
FIELD OF STUDY : MEDICAL AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
This training aims to put on the market in the employment of professionals able to analyse a situation of health, to make decisions within the limits oftheir competence and to conduct interventions alone or in a multidisciplinary team.
- General skills
- Be responsible, reflexive and relational ;
- Have adequate gestures and capacities ;
- Develop adequate interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to be able to interact effectively with their patients, entourage and the health team ;
- Should be trustworthy and reliable ;
- Have the capacity for critical thinking, analysis and questioning ;
- Develop ethical values of a normal professional ;
- Make thoughtful and informed decisions ;
- Be able to act with autonomy and responsibility in his area of competence ;
- Master the computer tool and ICT.
- Specifics Skills
- Evaluate a clinical situation and establish a diagnosis in the Nursing field ;
- Design and lead a project of Nursing ;
- Accompany a person in the performance of daily health care ;
- Implement the actions towards diagnostic and therapeutic purposes ;
- Initiate and implement the educational, preventive, curative and rehabilitative care ;
- Communicate and conduct a relationship in a context of care ;
- Analyze the quality of care and improve his professional practice ;
- Be able to work with health information systems and related team ;
- Organize and coordinate interventions among health caregivers ;
- Be able to share knowledge and the skills with other health professionals.
- Public Service ;
- Privatehospitals and clinics ;
- NGO (Non-GovernmentalOrganisations) ;
- Self-employment ;
- The agri-food sector.
For a period of two years, a set of theoretical and practical courses is administered to students with a view to obtaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) sanctioned by MINESUP.
CONDITION FOR ADMISSION
Direct registration on file study :
- A hand written application adressed to the Director of SHS
- A complete registration form available on campus ;
- A photocopy of birth certificate ;
- A photocopy of A/L certificate ;
- Registration fees : 35,000 FCFA ;
- File study fees : free of charge ;
- Annual medical coverage : 5000 F CFA.
- Lectures ;
- Practical work and personal work ;
- Immersion courses in the professions accompanied by a teaching body and company executives.
- Continuous monitoring for each lecture ;
- An exam session (oral or written) at the end of each semester organised according to the subjects registered for the semester ;
- Writing of an internship report defended in front of a jury at the end of the cycle ;
- National HND exam.