SPECIALTY : MIDWIFERY
FIELD OF STUDY : MEDICAL AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
The HND specialty Midwifery aims to train of occupational health with a mission to accompany the pregnant women throughout their pregnancy, the establishment of the diagnosis until the day of the delivery, to animate the sessions of preparation for childbirth and ensure only the childbirth, to deal with the new-born and if necessary to perform the gestures of resuscitation and monitor the recovery of the mother. The midwife ensures the gynecological of women (prescription and install contraceptives, perineal reduction and drug IVG).
- General skills
- Be responsible, reflexive and relational ;
- Have adequate gestures and capacities ;
- Develop adequate interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to be able to interact effectively with their patients, entourage and the health team ;
- Should be trustworthy and reliable ;
- Have the capacity for critical thinking, analysis and questioning ;
- Develop ethical values of a normal professional ;
- Make thoughtful and informed decisions ;
- Be able to act with autonomy and responsibility in his area of competence ;
- Master the computer tool and ICT.
- Specifics Skills
- Ensure the family planning with women wishing to maternity leave ;
- Driving a prenatal consultation ;
- Organize and facilitate a collective meeting in preparation for the birth and the kinship ;
- Ensure an emergency consultation for abdominal pain during the 3rd quarter of pregnancy ;
- Take charge of the pregnancy as soon as the design up to the issuance and after childbirth ;
- Diagnose and monitor the work, achieve the birth and monitor its suites ;
- Diagnose and take charge of the hemorrhage of the grant (beyond the immediate posPHartum period) ;
- Practice the clinical examination of the mother and of the new-born ;
- Achieve a consultation of contraception and gynecological and prevention ;
- To achieve a neonatal resuscitation of the new-born.
- Public Service ;
- Private hospitals and clinics ;Private hospitals and clinics ;
- NGO (Non-Governmental Organisations) ;
- Self-employment ;
- The agri-food sector ;
- Occupational Medicine ;
- Research and Training ;
For a period of two years, a set of theoretical and practical courses is administered to students with a view to obtaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) sanctioned by MINESUP.
CONDITION FOR ADMISSION
Direct registration on file study :
- A hand written application adressed to the Director of SHS
- A complete registration form available on campus ;
- A photocopy of birth certificate ;
- A photocopy of A/L certificate ;
- Registration fees : 35,000 FCFA ;
- File study fees : free of charge ;
- Annual medical coverage : 5000 F CFA.
- Lectures ;
- Practical work and personal work ;
- Immersion courses in the professions accompanied by a teaching body and company executives.
- Continuous monitoring for each lecture ;
- An exam session (oral or written) at the end of each semester organised according to the subjects registered for the semester ;
- Writing of an internship report defended in front of a jury at the end of the cycle ;
- National HND exam.