SPECIALTY : DIDACTICS, CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT ANDTEACHING
FIELD : Education
OBJECTIVE OF TRAINING
To provide professional training for graduates from various subject areas wishing to teach or who are teaching at secondary school system and educational settings.
SKILLS SOUGHT AFTER
- General skills
- Understand the economic environment and enterprises ;
- Master the use of the computer ;
- Be apt in oral and written communication ;
- Be capable of team leadership.
- Specific Skills
- Create an effective learning community, based on experience ;
- Make learners central and the curriculum responsive to their needs ;
- Customise and apply curricular to almost any school or district anywhere ;
- Illustrate a concept of curriculum by describing it and using questions that translate the concept to a particular setting ;
- Learn about curriculum in relation to culture, instruction-assessment ;
- Promote learner-centred education, competency-based systems, selfdirected learning, personal growth, and much more ;
- Translate government policies on primary and secondary education into measurable objectives, programs and activities ;
- Develop and revise syllabuses ;
- Develop teaching and learning materials that support the syllabuses ;
- Promote creative teaching and interactive methodologies ;
- Organise courses on curricular matters ;
- Test and evaluate the curriculum ;
- Research into curricular issues.
- Curriculum developer ;
- Curriculum evaluator ;
For a period of two years, a set of theoretical and practical courses is administered to students with a view to obtaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) sanctioned by MINESUP.
CONDITION FOR ADMISSION
Direct registration on file study :
- A hand written application adressed to the Director of ISTTI ;
- A complete registration form available on campus ;
- A photocopy of birth certificate ;
- A photocopy of A/L certificate ;
- Registration fees : 35,000 FCFA ;
- File study fees : free of charge ;
- Annual medical coverage : 5000 F CFA.
- Lectures ;
- Practical work and personal work ;
- Immersion courses in the professions accompanied by a teaching body and company executives.
- Continuous monitoring for each lecture ;
- An exam session (oral or written) at the end of each semester organised according to the subjects registered for the semester ;
- Writing of an internship report defended in front of a jury at the end of the cycle ;
- National HND exam.